From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading from CustomStrings.ini

I am a new user and I am not sure how you use the CustomStrings.ini to display messages to the operator.  I want to read the proper  string from the .ini and display the message in a popup window.  I have added a test line to the .ini, which I have attached, and have created a "message popup" step within a test sequence.  My problem is the I am not sure how you return the custom string -- I have tried to call the Engine.GetResourceString method within the popup message expression, but this returns an error.

Is there guidelines that you have to follow that I am missing.  Do the custom strings have to be load into local variables first, and if so how is this done?

Thanks,
Bryan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,698 Views)
When you edit the expression, go to the Operator/Functions tab and select Functions>String>ResStr and add the category and tag. In your case , you just have to have ResStr(TestSection, Test01).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,691 Views)

THANKS!  The reference manual was a little misleading - or I'm not that bright.... One or the other.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,687 Views)