From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Teststand Result in C#

Hi Friends,

I am New to Teststand, I want to reading Teststand result in C# Program. Friends can you please me out of this issue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,458 Views)

If you created a test report file, you can load and parse the file.

If you think of something different, please explain your request in more detail.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 4
(2,422 Views)

HI,

Thanks for the reply. I need to check the status ( started, in progress, completed, failed) of the Teststand Process using C#. Please let me know if there is any way to do that and also do have any code

@Norbert_B wrote:

If you created a test report file, you can load and parse the file.

If you think of something different, please explain your request in more detail.

please share your code, I will try to read the information using that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,412 Views)

With your requirements of displaying the status of the test execution in your UI, and if you are not content with one of the already available examples for UIs (Simple and Full Feature), you have to create a custom UI.

I recommend to start from the one of the two examples (NI does provide the code for each of them in C# also) which relates more to the look&feel you require for your UI. Modify the UI accordingly and delete/add code where necessary.

Please note that customizing UIs is a topic of the NI TestStand 2 training course. That already shows that customizing UIs is not stuff which is easily done by TS newcomers.

One hint if you decide to make changes to the UI to better suit your requirements:

Use UI Messages! For most of the stati you mentioned you already can receive appropriate UIMessages so necessary work is quite straightforward.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,398 Views)