NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading/Extracting certain data from function output

Hi guys

I am quite lost on how to do this step, so I hope you are able to help me out somewhat. Thanks in advance!

I am using TestStand together with a different external plugin. This plugin prints out a 40 word (1 word = 4 HEX). I would like to know how I extract some of this data - in example like word 7 into in a global variable or a byte (First half of a Word) 

I use like a CSP String Value Test together with the plugin, so retreive each word. How do I save this word as a variable or similar? Thanks

Andedam_0-1597661127375.png

Please help me out. Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(974 Views)

Are you able to post your TestStand sequence?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(946 Views)

Hello SercoSteveB

Sorry for the late response. If I may, I would like to clarify my thoughts.

I don't think posting my sequence would help with anything, as you do not have the plugin.

I am using an external plugin, that uses SPI communication, to extract this 40 word long key, where 1 word = 4 HEX = 16 bits. 

The data I get out looks like this;

Andedam_0-1597838250577.png

I.e. one of the tasks could be:

"Send command 'GetFlashKey' and check if word 0 is either 0000 or FFFF." How would I do this? 

What I am doing right now is using 'CSP String Value Test' to extract this 40 word long key. Then I was thinking in the 'Data Source' tab to write something like this:

#NoValidation(
Len(Step.Result.String) == 160
&&
(
Left(Step.Result.String,4) == "FFFF"
||
Left(Step.Result.String,4) == "0000"
)
)

Another question could be: "Send command 'GetFlashKey' and log words 1, 2, 3 and 4". 
How would I do this? What is the syntax in order to log such things to the report?

Could you enlighten me about the correct procedure if I wanna extract certain data? I am not too familiar with TestStand and how to manipulate certain data. 

I've attached the sequence just incase. Not sure whether you can use it for any. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(910 Views)