NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Steps module parameter from a VI

I have a sequence which calls LabVIEW module with some parameter values, I want to read this parameter setting from a different VI. 

I am able to get the step reference but not sure how to get the parameter value.

ParametsSetting.PNG

Basically I want to get parameter value of a sequence programatically without going through sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,218 Views)

It is a bit more complex than your current approach. Some hints:

1. Steps have a module adapter. The adapter is different for different programming languages

2. The configuration for the step adapter settings (aka: which module do i call) is stored in a hidden step property called "TS"

3. As pointed out in 1. and 2., the location of the module path is stored in a different step property depending on the used programming language

For parameters, it's essentially the same.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,201 Views)

I was able to get the all parameter and its value for a steps(which calls the VI)

GetModuleData.PNG

PAramWindow.PNG

I am able to read the Parameter name and different value(Type, In/Out etc) of it, but not able to get the value of "Log" setting. There is no such properties available. 

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052W-01/tsapiref/reftopics/labviewparameterelement/

I observed, it is stored in TS.SData.ViCall.Parms[].AdditionalResult.CheckedState but not sure how to access this variable from a VI.

Can you please help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,180 Views)

Logging is out of scope regarding parameters. The "Log" checkbox is only a convenient way from the Sequence Editor to configure "additional results". That's why you see that configuration in the AdditionalResult container.

If you want to access that information, the (generic) lookup string you already included in your post is appropriate.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,172 Views)