NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Sequence Names of Another Sequence

I am using a Sequence Call step inside my sequence file.

Under the Sequence Call step "Module" information I am setting the call to be "Specify By Expression."

For the "File Pathname" I am setting it to a pathname stored under a File Globals (Example: FileGlobal.FilePathname = Test Sequence (Example).seq.

When I set the Sequence Call step by Expression, the "Sequence" field is not a pull down since it does not know what the sequence "File Pathname" is until the test hits the Sequence Call step during execution.

I'd like to be able to read out all the sequence names for the called Sequence beforehand and store them as a File Globals variable so that I can use a variable in the "Sequence" field instead of a hard coded text sequence name to select which sequence to run.

Please see attached file.

Is there a way to get a Sequence to read out another Sequence's sequence names?

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,614 Views)

I didn't see an attachment to your post.

During run time, you can get the list of sequences using the TestStand API.  I am attaching an example in LabVIEW, but this can be adapted to your language of choice.  You need TestStand to open the other sequence file and get the information. 

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,588 Views)

Pulidotech,

This would work great for what I want to do.  

I plan on calling this VI (code you provided a snapshot with) from TestStand.  My issue is I don't know to assign to the "Application Manager" field.  Please see attachement.

What do I assign to it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,583 Views)

The code I posted earlier would be if you were trying to open the sequence from a UI.  If this code is being called from TestStand, you can use the Engine call for GetSequenceFileEx, as in the attached picture.  The input in TestStand is RunState.Engine

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,580 Views)

Hi pulidotech,

I am not able to find first node IApplicationMgr(first node in the attached image) in LabVIEW. Can you please attach the VI snippet or if you can teach me how to find the node.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,355 Views)

There are a few ways. 

One way is to go into one of the LabVIEW User Interface examples and copy it from a VI, such as 
C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2017 (64-bit)\UserInterfaces\Simple\LabVIEW\Source Code\TestExec.llb\Get Engine Reference.vi

Another way is to get an invoke node in Programming and then choose the correct menu items, as shown in the attached pictures.

Download All
Message 6 of 6
(2,349 Views)