NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property loader exports header for each Test in TS 2016

Solved!
Go to solution

In TestStand 2016 I created a sequence with multiple numeric limit tests along with the upper and lower limits inside the test. I then go to Tools>>Import>/Export Properties>> select "Export" on the left. I then select "NI Tab delimited text" from destination type and select a location.

Under property selector tab I select the "Views" button and click "Combined Sequences" then expand out the main sequence. Finally I expand limits and select "Low" and "High." After exporting; each test has a repeated header with "Limits {Container} Low {number} High {number}"

I would like to only have a header at the top of the file and not for each test.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,890 Views)

test post please ignore

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,845 Views)

Hey TTEng,

I recommend starting with some of the links below

How to Modify a TestStand XML Report Header

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/17ABBD0BF2A60D908625774200798869

Best Practices for NI TestStand Report Generation and Customization

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/8289/en/

Modify XML Report in Teststand

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Modify-XML-Report-in-Teststand/ta-p/3519154

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,837 Views)

I think you misunderstood what I'm asking.

I'm talking about the property load step. Import/export of that. Not the reporting results.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,820 Views)

Let me post an example:

The way I would like it to be formatted (and how 2014 did it):

"Start_Measure voltage test"

<Step Name> Limits.Low Limits.High

Measure 5Volts 4.9 5.1

Measure 6Volts 5.9 6.1

END

The way teststand 2016 is exporting my limits:

<Sequence> <Category> <Property lookup> <value>

Measure voltage test Measure 5Volts Limits.Low Limits.High

Measure voltage test Measure 5Volts {container} 4.9 5.1

Measure voltage test Measure 6Volts Limits.Low Limits.High

Measure voltage test Measure 6Votls {container} 5.9 6.1

See how its overly redundant and hard to read.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,819 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TTEng

The format of the property loader file (or the limits file) you described was the one being used in TestStand earlier to 2016. To use the same format, you have two options:

1. [Easy] Add the old import export properties tool to the tools menu as described in this link. You can use the newly added tool (in the Tools menu) to launch the required Import/Export properties tool and export data to create new property loader file. Now to import the data during runtime, use the new property loader step, choose the format to be 'NI Legacy Tab Delimited text' so that the step can import the data using the file you have created.

2. You can create your own plugin as described here and support any format/syntax you like.

-Shashidhar

Message 6 of 7
(2,807 Views)

Thanks, I'll give this a try and mark it as the solution if it works out. Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,796 Views)