From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Loader does not work for an array element

HI,

I"m using PropertyLoader to load valued into my FileGlobals variables.

The following variable seems to wrok:   BarcodeLabels.Label1

But this varialbe is not loaded:  CCTexpVal[0].fieldExpVal

Any suggestions why?

Attached is the sequence file where the FileGlobals veriables can be seen.

Thanks in advance

Rafi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,030 Views)

Hi Rafi,

You need to have a propertyloader step that actuals referencs the variable.Smiley Wink

But maybe you have attached the wrong sequencefile.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,030 Views)

Hi Ray and thanks for responding,

It's the right sequence file. The PropertyLoader calling step is in setup section of the the internal preUUT sequence.

I only attached the sequence file so you can see the FileGlobals....may be something is wrong with it. Anyway, I will attach now the exel file that contains the variables. 

Again,  the variables that are not set are CCTexpval[0].fieldExpVal.  There is no error, hence the TS recognizes the variables.  It just doesn't load them.  I put a break point just after the step itself and verify the context.  It remained emtpy!!!.

Thanks for helping

Rafi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,010 Views)

Hi Rafi,

In PreUUT Setup, there is two steps which are PropertyLoaders.

The first one loads 11 item which are BarcodeLabels.

The second one loads 1 item which is Registers[5].

I can see the extra properties in the xls for AC_2 but I see no code in your sequence that adjust the PropertiesList array that holds the items to be loaded. Therefore the BarcodeLables are the only items to be loaded.

You will need a different step setup for START_AC_2 that includes the additional items eg CCTexpVal or include them the xls file for AA and AC.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,007 Views)