From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Loader - JSON, NoSQL, SystemLink, or More Advanced Features?

I am tasked with upgrading an old test sequence at my company. One of the steps is the property loader. I thought I had everything correct, but I am still getting issues. I would like to upgrade the property loader to use a more friendly syntax or scheme. Some questions:

1. Can we use a JSON formatted property loader file? I think this would look a lot lot nicer than CSV or tab delimited.

2. I have seen that it is possible to use a database connection to query and load the properties. Is it possible to use a NoSQL database?

3. Is it possible to write a plug-in for TestStand to add either of the above features myself? I figure asking this here might simply provide a faster answer with better links than I could find on my own.

4. Is there any thought of integrating the property loader with SystemLink? I know that SystemLink uses a MongoDB server underneath to store all the system information, so I think it would be a small leap to add a "Property Modifier" tab or section where users could add their own properties to be stored with all the other pertinent system information.

Message 1 of 1
(1,599 Views)