NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper API call to disable socket with parallel model?

Hi all,

I am using the parallel model to asynchronously test 16 UUT's. At the end of each test, I have a temperature stabilization period. If this fails, I would like to "disable" the particular test socket that failed.

I am using TS 2014 with LabVIEW. What is the proper API call for disabling a socket? I have tried "ModelData.TestSocket[0] = True" in the PreUUT callback as a simple test to disable socket 0, but I cannot get it to work, I get an error stating "Unable to access 'Model Data' "

Thank you!

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,096 Views)

Hi !

If I'm not wrong, the number of sockets to launch is decided when evaluating the ModelOptions of your client file.

To modify the nb of testsockets to LAUNCH I usually add a ModelOption callback in my client sequence. In this sequence you'll be able to modify the value stored in 'Parameters.ModelOptions.NumTestSockets'.

However, once it is launched, you might want to 'wait' indefinely in your failed testsocket... You should wait for a particular execution to wait for example or for a psecific variable value... I don't see any other way to 'disable' a particular test socket...

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,069 Views)

Hi zyl7,

The method you show seems to only change the total number of sockets. I am looking to specifically disable a particular socket. For example, if I have 16 sockets (0-15)  and I disable socket 0 I would still like to have socket 16's index be 15. This is important because I pass the station index into a function do determine which hardware IO to use.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,063 Views)

I guess I'm confused.  The nature of the parallel model is that sockets run independently of each other.  Why would you ever need to disable/remove a socket with the parallel model?  Just don't execute in that socket.

I could understand your question if you were using the batch model.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,056 Views)

Hi Jigg,

My intention is to disable the socket so that the operator cannot inadvertantly run the test in that socket/station. Ideally I would like to have that socket be greyed out in the PreUUT selection window.

Thanks!

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,054 Views)

There is a way to post messages to that dialog: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/437C5911765BD72186257142007EC762

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it doesn't handle what you are asking for.  You would have to build that functionality into the dialog and recompile modelsupport2.dll.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 6 of 7
(5,041 Views)

Jigg,

Thanks for getting back to me, i'll look into modifying the dialog, but it seems like that may be a little over my head. I may have to come up with some crafty way to interlock the test socket.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,037 Views)