NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically set Measurement names of Multiple Numeric Limit Test

Solved!
Go to solution

Looking for the expression to overwrite the canned TestStand Multiple Numeric Measurement Names with actual test names. Common sense way, it appears to me is to set the Step.Result.Measurement[0..2].Names == Test Names [0..2] (from Labview) just before the output file is created.

There is a type mismatch... Step.Result.Measurment is Array of NI_LimitMeasurement, the Labview Indicator is an Array of Strings. If I make is an array of strings using {,,} the names although set do not show in the report. I need to overwrite NI_LimitMeasurement type without looping through each string index of the type so that test names are reported in the output file.

I've created a sample sequence file and labview VI with 2 indicators, Test measurements and measurement names. TestStand input the Labview indicators does the multiple comparison then I want to write the names of each test

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,879 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author richjoh

consider this approach?  Not sure what version of TS you have but this was saved in 2014.  Let me know if you have any questions.

The problem with going from an array of strings ot an array of NI_NumericMeasurements is that at some point you still need to loop to do the conversion.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 7
(3,854 Views)

Using TS 2016, your solution works. So If I'm thinking about this correctly using RunState.Caller.Step Object Ref can Call the current step  and rename Result.Measurement[]. I now see this in the Variables/Property Expression Browser.

I'll try this in my real code soon, and will leave feedback.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,786 Views)

I want to do the renaming in the Step itself instead of the renaming after and then the caller Sequence reports the results.

This would require I use a typecast the "NI_MeasurementType" data type. Multiple Numeric Step contains this type.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,584 Views)

where is the untitled.vi called by the sequence given in the marked solution?

NEVERMIND. I see it's just a way to get an array of measurement data into the sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,219 Views)

This solution was very impressive!   I learned a lot from it.  Thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,757 Views)

Thanks very nice solution, exactly what I need!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(674 Views)