From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically update the Report Option dialog in NI Test Stand 4.2.1

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to know, what is the procedure to modify Customise the Report Option dialog window with custom default value before displaying the window to user.

We are writing our own process model to customise report options, Database option and User Management module of Test Stand. I am unable to update the Dialog window with modified settings.

Please help me.

I followed the instructions mentioned in link http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Programmatically-change-station-option-in-TestStand-2-0-1/td-p/...

But this is customization for the single sequence and also this is not updating the Report Options Dialog window. Please find the screenshot which i want to customize.

Message 1 of 3
(2,992 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Usha N

Hi

The screenshoot you have posted is done my CVI- modelsupport2.dll with funcion DisplayReportOptionsDialogEx.

in side is code there is ReadReportOptionDefaultsEx (this function will be also used in model sequence "Get Report Options")

it will read "TestStandModelReportOptions.ini" .

So there were 2 solutions.

1. ) Changing ReadReportOptionDefaultsEx (Not recommend because changing stuff from NI is bad, by chaninging you are in charge off)

2.) Just change the ini File for your needs.

Hope this helps

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
Message 2 of 3
(2,987 Views)

Hi,

Not sure why you would want to do this when you can programatically define your ReportOptions by Overriding the ReportOptions Callback an thereby not having to present any dialog window to the operator (which is not a good idea..)

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,983 Views)