NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Execution View in a custom UI

Hello guys,

I have a problem with an execution view on my custom LabVIEW UI, I am using up to 6 DUT's on my test, so I have selected 6 Test Sockets on my sequence model options, the point is, when I test all the 6 DUT there is no problem on my UI execution view, the problem is when I want to test only 2 or 3 DUTs (less that the test sockets configured), the test stand execution disapear from the UI execution view and I do not know what is happening, do you guys have a clue about what could be causing this behavior?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,200 Views)

Hi Eder,

You should re-configure your Sequence Model Options. Please read the following manual.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/370360a.pdf

I hope it helps you.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,157 Views)

Here is a solution working for me so far.   

In your TestStand sequence, add a Statement step near the beginning.  Enter this Expression in the step:

RunState.Thread.PostUIMessageEx(UIMsg_OpenWindows,0,"",RunState.Execution,False)

This works with the TestStand Simple Operator Interface.  

If you are creating your own interface, you must register a callback for the ApplicationManager.DisplayExecution event.  Refer to the Simple Operator Interface (LabVIEW version, Register Event Callbacks state).

Good luck!

FYI/Comments:

The user interface appears to display an execution view for every test socket in the batch.  This includes disabled sockets, unfortunately.  So you could be stuck staring at a blank execution view if you disable the last test socket, for example.

In the above solution, UIMsg_OpenWindows tells the UI to display the current test socket's execution view.  The message is sent for each enabled test socket.  The message will not be sent for disabled test sockets.  The result is only an enabled test socket will be displayed (hopefully).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,650 Views)