NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing to preload modules...

I'm having a problem with TestStand Operator Interface deployment.  A message "Preparing to preload modules...." normally hung when I'm configuring to test with LabVIEW Run Time Engine.  I have tried the followings but the deployment is still hung.  But if i configure to labVIEW devvelopment system, then the deployment operator interface works fine.

1. Set the preload progress dialog box display (station options-->preferences) to -1 

2. set the path in search directories

Please let me know if you have any ideas on this.

thanks

Danny Vu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(7,669 Views)

Hi Danny,

Does your sequence contain LV steps ?

If yes, have you checked the adapter configuration to see if it's using the run-time engine or the development env. ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(7,653 Views)

Danny -

What version of TestStand are you using? I ask because there is a rare issue that was fixed in TestStand 2012 where a hang could occur when displaying the preload dialog. It does not appear to be related to LabVIEW steps and the selection of the adapter.

Also, if you want to delay or disable this dialog from appearing, you can set the Preload Progress Dialog Box Delay setting on the Preferences tab of Station Options. The dialog is disabled when the setting is a negative number.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(7,629 Views)

Hi Scott-

I used TestStand 2012 and labVIEW deveopment 2012.  I have temporarily fixed this issue by removing the .lvproj project path and they tested well on when configuring the adapter at run time engine and development system.

Thanks all for your help on this.

Regards,

Danny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(7,626 Views)

Danny -

Can you give more detail as to the steps that you performed that allowed you to workaround the issue. Are you saying that you re-configured one or more steps in your sequence file to not use a LabVIEW project to invoke the VI so did  you instead just call the VI as is without the project? Did you change the setting as I suggested as well? If not, it could be that the preloading occurred faster with the change that you made to the files and the dialog did not have enough time to appear.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(7,602 Views)

All,

It seems I am having a similar issue and don't follow what Danny did for a fix.

I have a two step sequence, each step uses the LV adapter. I can expediently run the sequence in TS dev. When I try to run the sequence file through LabVIEW basic UI supplied by NI, I get an infinite wait during 'Preparing to preload modules'.

I have tried having the adapter use both RTE and dev.

I am using TS2013 and LV2013 so I am not prone to the hang up bug with the preloading modules window on earlier versions.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(6,695 Views)

Try creating an executeable of your UI and running that (I'm assuming you are running your UI in the development environment).

Have you made any changes to the UI or are you running it exactly the way it is installed by default?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(6,680 Views)

I am working in development environment.

I have collegues who have said the executable runs fine, but I would like to get it working in the development environment if possible.

I have made changes to the UI. The changes are in a thread though and should not have any bearing on loading of sequences.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(6,668 Views)

If possible, please try running your sequence in an original, unmodified copy of the User-Interface. This will help determine if the hang is related to any of your changes. Sometimes there are subtle changes that can cause hangs like this, such as changing the execution system of a VI. By running your sequence in the original, unmodified UI we can quickly determine whether or not this is a possibility.

Thanks,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(6,648 Views)

Same thing.

I am curious if there any configurations in sequence files that would cause this.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(6,636 Views)