From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PreUUT is skipped when using operator interface

I'm using the simple operator interface with minor changes.

I've deployed and used many sequencefiles, including preUUT callback.

Now i have deployed a totally new sequencefile, also with preUUT callback.

When i'm running it through the operator innterface, it skips the preUUt callback, hence the serial number input ect..

That does not happen when i run it through the development tool, or the "Operator Debugging Interface"....

how can this happen ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,907 Views)

My guess is that you are somehow running the SinglePass execution entry point instead of the TestUUTs entry point.  SinglePass doesn't call PreUUT.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,905 Views)

At least as as TestStand 2012, Single Pass does call PreUUT and PostUUT

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,894 Views)

Totally agree with James_Grey - in TestStand 2014, and TestStand 2016 (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052R-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/batch_single_pass_tsep/) also SinglePass calls PreUUT...

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,862 Views)

NikolajEgeskovOstergaard,

did you try to run sequence via development tool, and OI debugging on the target machine, or on your development machine? I mean, whether ProcessModel is the same while deploy, and debugging/testing?

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,860 Views)

All my sequences are running the same process model.

slightly modified Sequential model (to make sure only one execution can run at a time)

I'm using "single pass" entry point, but my previous sequences are running PreUUT also when using "single pass".

I just tried a simple operator interface and "Test UUTs", and then PreUUt runs, also with my latest sequences.

Now the question is, if i have done something in my old sequences to run PreUUT even with "Single Pass".

How and where would that be modified ? I can't recall doing anything regarding that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,847 Views)

The only other thing I can think of is if you have a precondition on the PreUUT Sequence.  While standing on PreUUT click Edit>>Sequence Properties.  Click the Preconditions button and see if any are set for that sequence.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,840 Views)