NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PreUUT Sequence Analyzer Error and RT error - Expression must evaluate to a value of the expected type

Solved!
Go to solution

Howdy,

Long time reader; first time poster (wrt TestStand) here.
I have inherited the code of a previous co-worker and luckily have been able to debug update code with little to no issues up until now.

I've begun installing teststand and labview on other systems and have ran into the following run time + sequence analyzer error:
"Expression must evaluate to a value of the expected type"

This error is only seen on the new test systems during the PreUUT callback, more specifically while it is running the Set Serial Number function.

The expression and settings all look to be the same on each system so I'm unsure as to what could be causing this error?

The description indicates that the error can be suppressed by using the #NoValidation directive in the expression but I do not want to make adjustments to one system as this was not done on the other working systems.

Any thoughts on what I'm missing in the setup?

Thank you for reading!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(963 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cscansin

Issue resolved - I did not have the Station Globals updated for the new systems. The config file, StationGlobals.ini, which I believe can be copied over will be located in the file path: <C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand> 2017 (64-bit)\Cfg

A very rookie mistake but closing this post just incase it saves someone else time.

Stay safe!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(946 Views)