NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause and Resume sequence

HI all

I want to pause my current sequence execution throguh sequence only.I am able to acheive same by giving option to user for Pause.

But once my Pause step gets executed teststand goes to Pause state and it does not execute the next step where I want to give user another option to resume the execution.

How can i handle this situation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,924 Views)

I am not sure if i understand your request correctly. But it sounds as if a Message Popup step with timeout could handle this.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,885 Views)

HI

Can you explain it bit more.

Actually I want to programmatically pause my sequence by giving user an option in the form of msgbox. When user clicks on the pause button in msgbox sequence gets paused. Now once it is paused , user should also get option to resume it through msgbox. But as my whole sequence is now paused , the step of the msgbox (with resume button) is not getting executed and hence user has to resume it from file menu.

How the timeout to msgbox can handle this situation?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,880 Views)

If an execution is paused, it does not execute anymore. So trying with modules which are called by the execution will not work. Never.

What i have a hard time to understand:

This is a standard functionality the GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE has to provide. Even the "Simple UI" examples provided from NI do have this feature.

Why don't you use it?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,874 Views)

HI

UI is one of the option but our sequences we are not going to run through UI .hence the requirement.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,720 Views)

Still, i recommend you to use a graphical UI.

You can, however, modify the process model to create a parallel running thread which displays/controls the popup dialogs. This thread has to be synchronized with your actual test sequence, so the test sequence itself has to contain appropriate synchronization steps. In that setup, the effort to create and maintain test sequences is far higher compared to a solution with a "standard UI".

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,718 Views)

Never thought of it!! I will look into it and at the same time will try to go for a UI option

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,714 Views)