NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass parameters to TestStand sequence in Labview

Hi all,

I am trying to run a TestStand 4.1 sequence from a Labview 8.5.1 vi using the "NewExecution" method. This works: when I run the vi from TestStand, I get back to TestStand in the called sequence. Now I want to add parameters to the sequence call. The "NewExecution" method has a parameter "sequenceArgsParam" with datatype variant. How can i prepare the necessary parameters to go with the sequence?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,267 Views)

Hello,

Pick a look on the online help about NewExecution Method :

sequenceArgsParam As Variant

[In] [Optional] Specifies a PropertyObject object that contains the arguments to the sequence you want to execute. Each subproperty of the PropertyObject object represents a parameter to the sequence. The subproperties must appear in the same order as the sequence parameters.

So I guess you will have to instanciate in LabVIEW a new PropertyObject (Engine.NewPropertyObject), add SubProperties according to your sequence parameters structure, and then wire the "top-level" PropertyObject reference to sequenceArgsParam input.

I'm curious to understand why you have to call a sequence from LabVIEW...

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,225 Views)

Isn’t this just a Simple UI?

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 3 of 4
(2,200 Views)

Thanks Ray for reading my mind, and saying it this simple.

It's been a long time I didn't spent time on these forums, I'm discovering the Code Exchange section, with examples. This one is probably a good starting point : Really Simple TestStand User Interface (Run a Test With a Single Button Press)

Note, I already faced use cases where I need to trigger from the UI a sequence wich is not related to any Entry Point. But that's very particular cases, and saying it clearly, I'm not really happy having to do it this way.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,184 Views)