NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass a Sequence as Parameter

I have a SequenceA and a SequenceB and also some SubSequenzes like SetTime, SetGetTime, GetTime

Now I would like to pass a sequence as a parameter such as SetTime

Example:

SequenceB.Parameters.TimeSesequence (TimeSeuqenz is the method call for SetTime, GetTime, SetGetTime)

Ist this possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,101 Views)

Is specifying a sequence by expression is what you need or passing a reference to the sequence?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,072 Views)

The second one.

Thanks james, but how can I pass sequences if they using parameters?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,042 Views)

Try this

Locals.Sequence = RunState.SequenceFile.GetSequenceByName("SeqName")

Locals.Sequence.AsSequence.Parameters.MyParameter = 666

Locals.Sequence - your local reference to the sequence

MyParameter - sequence parameter name (number in this case)

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,025 Views)

To pass parameters, go to the sequence call step's module pane and click on the Load Prototype button (curved blue arrow icon button on the far right).  Select an example of the kind of sequence you want to call and the parameters will appear.

Message 6 of 6
(2,012 Views)