NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter for all Test Sockets

Hello,

i run a sequence with 4 Test Sockets. At the beginning of my sequence i execute a "LabView vi" with the Batch synchronization: "One Thread Only" (for my intention it is not popssible to change the Batch Synchronization to "Serial"). In this "LabView vi" i return a parameter to TestStand. Now my Problem: If i call this parameter in TestStand, the Value from the "LabView vi" is only in Test Socket 0 available. In the other 3 TestSockets the parameter is empty. How can allocate the parameter for each Test Socket?

Kind Regards

Bastian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,992 Views)

Bastina,

You could use a Station Global variable to keep the return parameter in that way the value will be available to all 4 sockets.

I am assuming that you set the Use Lock to Allow Only One Thread at a time to execute the step.

And that for Batch synchronization you selected the One Thread Only option.

In this case only one thread executes the step and the others  threads skip it.

If you are keeping your return value in a local or sequence file global property the property will be available only to the socket that executed the step. (Every socket keeps its own run-time copy of these properties).

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,986 Views)
Hello,

is it possible to pass the data from Labview to Teststand using the "set property value"-VI directly into a Station Global or a File Global?

Or are there any other ways to pass the data into a variable that is available for all 4 TestSockets?

Best Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,903 Views)