From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel testing in TestStand.

Solved!
Go to solution

Parallel testing in TestStand.

Hi,

I’m using the parallel process model testing multiple units which are the same (same type of card in a few different test fixtures). I see dependency between sockets. Test step just stops in one socket and will not continue until test step in another socket finishes. Also, test time for each socket increases up to 80% comparing to test time when I run only a single socket. I do not control any external test instruments.

Are there any hidden dependencies between sockets when I use the same test sequence in the Parallel process model? How can I improve test time?

Thank you,

Henry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,130 Views)

Henry,

What language are your code modules written in? This can happen if you are using LabVIEW VIs and the VIs are set to non-reentrant execution. This means that only one instance of the VI can be executing at once. To change this setting, open the VI and navigate to File > VI Properties, and choose the Execution category at the top. This will allow you to select one of the reentrant options. If the VIs were set to non-reentrant, that would explain the issues you are seeing.

If this is not the case, could you provide a bit more information about the code used in your test steps so we can come up with some other possibilities? Perhaps we could single out one step that exhibits the behavior and focus on that. 

Let us know how it goes!

Message 2 of 4
(5,127 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HenryG

Hi Daniel,

Changing setting in my VI’s fixed the problem.

Thank you very much,

Henry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,120 Views)
You should mark Daniel's answer as the solution - not your thank you. You can change that by clicking on Options.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,101 Views)