NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-2527 Independent Topology Examples in TestStand or LabWindows/CVI

Greetings,

I have seen topics on controlling a PXI-2527 MUX configured to an independent topology. But no examples to leverage using LabWindows/CVI or TestStand. My current project requires me to control a PXI-2527 Mux to perform 4 wire measurements (function almost the same as the standard 16x1 4-wire topology), but my 4 wire input groupings are different.  Instead of a traditional ch0 = 0+, 0-, 16+, 16-. My groupings could be 0+, 0-, 17+, 17- or anything else.

Is there any example code hidden somewhere that will do some of the stuff I need above? Looking the NI-Switch API, it is a little confusing on all what needs to be set.

Thanks for any help!

Minesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,932 Views)

Hello Minesh,

When you install the NI-SWITCH driver, or NI-DAQmx, you should have had the option to include CVI examples. You can find them at Start»Programs»National Instruments»  NI-SWITCH»Examples»CVI, or NI-DAQ»Text Based Code Support. You should also be able to find them in the NI Example Finder.

Making Connections on a Switch, Controlling an Individual Relay, and Connect Multiple Channels should demonstrate most of the functionality you are looking for.

You might also want to look at the section for Independent Topology under the PXI 2527 in the NI-SWITCH help. Based on the way the relays are laid out, you would not be able to use some groupings. For example, 0+, 0-, 1+, 1- would not work because both channels 0 and 1 both connect to com0.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Luke B.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,923 Views)