NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWER SUPPLY SHUTDOWNS IN NI PXI-1031

Hi,

I have an issue with NI PXI 1031, when a turn on the pxi work  a time but after the pxi turn off the fan power and there isn’t current in the power slots and the source does not work, only the indicator leds of chassis keep on. I don’t understand what happened with the pxi.

Additionally, I can see that pxi work only when  one led is on, but after a time all leds on and the power supply stops working. 

Attach the pictures.

Anybody can help me.

Download All
Message 1 of 3
(2,524 Views)

Hi marco_f7

It appears as if your fan is dead. According to internal documentation, when only one LED is on (like in your first picture), the fan is set to HIGH, which is fine, but when all the LEDs are on (like in your second picture), the fan is dead, which corresponds to the behaviour you are describing. You will need to send in your chassis for repair. Please contact National Instruments by phone to create your repair order.

Fernando Becerra | Field Applications Engineer | National Instruments | CLA | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,461 Views)

Dear colleagues!

Please help me, I didn't understand, with an empty and serviceable PXI-1031 the fan should work or not ? 

Or in other words, not working fan with an empty PXI-1031 is talking about that PXI-1031 should be sent for repair?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,990 Views)