From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operator Interface Menus

I am modifying the Full-Featured TestStand 3.1 Operator Interface with LabView 7.1. I want to edit the menus of the Top Level VI, which load the whole set of Test Stand commands. Cheking the run-time menus of the Top Level VI I found the following constants:

TS__FILE for the File Menu
TS__EXECUTE for the Execute Menu
TS__DEBUG for the Debug Menu ... and so on

Does anybody know if there is a guide of these constants for the submenu options so that I could select only the TestStand menu items that I want to add to my TopLevel VI.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,784 Views)

Howdy Inaki -

Look for the subVI labeled "Rebuild Menu Bar" in the top level VI.  The VIs name is actually Full OI - Rebuild Menu Bar.vi.  This VI sets submenu options.

You'll notice that each entry is an array of menu items.  By default, each array contains a single element which specifies the default set of menu options for the File, Execute, Debug, etc... menus.  To customize these menus:
- Find the submenu options you would like in the TestStand help, under the "CommandKinds Enumeration" page.   For the file menu, for example, look for the "CommandKind_DefaultFileMenu_Set".  Underneath this set, it will list the individual elements that can be specified for the submenu.
- Remove the default MenuSet for each enumeration array, and instead populate the array with the specific menu options you would like to appear.

That should be all you need to get the submenus customized to your liking.

Regards,
Andrew W || Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Message 2 of 2
(2,765 Views)