NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the Fly Reporting Error when Sequence is Terminated

I have a program that utilizes TestStand's ability to do on the fly reporting. I following the instructions to execute OTF reporting and currently have no problems with it if the sequence passes, fails, or errors out. If the sequence is terminated, I get an unexpected error. In the sequence reportgen_txt.seq under the view PutOneResultInReport at step SkipFilteredSteps ( a Goto ) there is a precondition. The precondition is !Evaluate( Parameters.Report.Options.ResultFilterExpression ). Ordinarily, the string that is being evaluated will show "True". When a sequence is terminated it is blank. I don't know why or where it gets set. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
Grasshopper
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,411 Views)
Correction: Parameters.ReportOptions.ResultFilterExpression.
Okay, I've traced it up to the Test UUTs sequence of the sequential sequence. If the MainSequence Callback is terminated, errors out, has a failure, etc. then somehow that above expression must get modified. The expression is Locals.ReportOptions.ResultFilterExpression at that level and it defaults to "True". After the MainSequence Callback there is a PostUUT Callback. I'm unsure of how it affects this or not. Then, there is the TestReport Callback. Inside it, there is an ActiveX call to get the report body. I'm guessing that it calls the AddReportBody sequence which calls the AddSequenceResultToReport sequence which calls the PutResultsInReport sequence which calls the PutOneResultInReport sequence which has the step that's blowing up. I can't a call to AddReportBody anywhere so I'm guessing that it's part of the ActiveX call in the TestReport sequence. The actual files involved are SequentialModal.seq ( has everything up through TestReport sequence ) and then reportgen_txt.seq which has the AddReport... sequences that are called from the TestReport sequence in the SequentialModel file. Lost yet? 🙂 Okay, if anyone knows what changes that "True" value to blank I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Grasshopper
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,402 Views)
Okay, if you modify reportgen_txt.seq to replace the blank string with "False" whenever it occurs, then it seems to work. This is not a fix, but a hack to get around it until one of you clever TestStand developers can figure it out. 🙂
-G-
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,403 Views)
Hi
I have a couple of questions.
1. What version of TestStand are you using?
2. Have you made any modifications to the Reporting mechanism other than the workaround described in the post
3. Can you please post your TestStandModelReportOptions.ini file found under \Cfg folder
4. Can you please post the error dialog you are getting

Thank you
Regards
Anand Jain
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,384 Views)
1. What version of TestStand are you using?
TestStand Engine Version = 2.0.1.f1
Sequence Editor Version 2.0.1

2. Have you made any modifications to the Reporting mechanism other than the workaround described in the post
Not that I'm aware of

3. Can you please post your TestStandModelReportOptions.ini file found under \Cfg folder
See attachment

4. Can you please post the error dialog you are getting
See attachment

Thanks.
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,382 Views)

Message Edited by Tyler T. on 06-30-2005 07:35 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,366 Views)
I will assume that you are using the On-The-Fly Reporting shipping example with 2.0.1.

If that is the case, it appears that your process model is not modified correctly to enable On-The-Fly reporting. In this case, you should never be even entering the sequence "Put One Result in Report".

To locate the problem, you should examine your "TestReport" sequence in your process model. The "Report Body" step should now be an ActiveX step rather than a sequence call. If you have the old "Report Body" step, this may be why you are getting the error.

The OnTheFlyReports.doc located in \Examples\OnTheFlyReports\ describes how to properly modify the process model.

Best Regards,
Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,347 Views)
Allen,
Here's a copy of my TestReport sequence from my sequence model. It appears to be correct to me. Thanks.
-G-
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,345 Views)
It looks correct to me.

Another possibility is that another copy of your process model is the one that is being called. Since you have removed the sequence call to "Get Report Body", the sequence you mention the error occuring in is not being called by the sequence you attached. If you double click on the process model in the lower right status bar, and set a breakpoint on the "Test Report" sequence, you will be able to step into the sequence and be able to examine that it does have the correct steps in that sequence.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,334 Views)

Allen,

I haven't been able to step into the Test Report sequence because I can't run the Process Model to test it.  I get this error when I run it: see Word file.

Any ideas?

-G-
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,992 Views)