From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Results Processing tool profiles

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have two questions regarding offline results processing profiles:

1. Can I rename them? It seems the default is "New Profile". If I create a new one it calls it "New Profile_1" and so on.

2. Can I use the distribution tool to include custom profiles in a distribution? If so, what file must I include in my distribution?

Thanks

Corey Rotunno

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,204 Views)

I forgot a third question:

3. Can I run a particular configuration of a profile via command prompt? It seems to always run whatever configuration that was last selected in the "TestStand Offline Result Processing Utility" interface.

If anyone has played with using the offline results processor via. text commands I would love to hear of your experiences/input.

Thanks again

Corey Rotunno

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,166 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Corey.Rotunno

The profiles are stored in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\<TestStand>\Cfg\ModelPlugins

And the file is called:

ResultProcessing.cfg

You can run the ORPU (Offline Result Processing Utility- That's what I call it) through a command line and pass it arguments.  This is from the 2012 version:

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052K-01/tsref/infotopics/offline_processing_utility_comm...

Hopefully these help get you pointed in the right direction.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 3 of 5
(3,161 Views)

Jigg,

Thank you so much for that pointer. I was able to open the .cfg file in notepad and change profile names that way. Now to include that file in my distribution and I will be pretty much where I want to be.

As a side note, I am a little disappointed the offline results processor is so poorly integrated with the rest of TestStand and there are so few commands that can be passed to the .exe. Oh well, your pointer was very helpful none the less.

Thanks!

Corey Rotunno

Message 4 of 5
(3,157 Views)

Glad it helped!  I agree that the ORPU seems a little immature.  Give it time though.  I don't think a lot of people are using it.  We write all the TSR files but rarely need to run them through the ORPU.

We have a tool that goes through that XML file and adds our company specific info to it.  It's proprietary though so I can't share it.

Cheers,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,153 Views)