NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oddly formatted report file

Hello Community,

I have noticed something strange with the report file generated by my sequence. As you see that besides some other stuff I have two input clusters with I'd like to log ("Parameters" and "Limits"). (attachment1)

According to my understanding I have set every logging option the same for these clusters, but they show up in a different format in my log file. (attachment2):

The "Parameters" cluster doesnt show up, but its element do. The elements are indented. The space between eg: "Freq Start" was replace by an underscore.

The elements of the Limit cluster show up in a different way and by the way same for the elements of the results output cluster.

The ideal way would be:

Cluster name:

Param 1

Param 2

Param 3

etc, but for now I would be happy even if you could explain me why do I see a difference in the displayed format.

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,518 Views)

Hi !

I think this link would be useful: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/8289/en/ it talks about Best Practices for NI TestStand Report Generation and Customization

check the part of Result Collection of Subsequences.

This other links is very useful, talks about: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3977/en/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,479 Views)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,435 Views)

Hi 1984,

In your step, you have the option "Include in the Report" unchecked for the Parameter container, but checked for all of the elements. Check the box, and take a look at your report again. It should show up with its elements.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,403 Views)

Ah ok... so I have figured this out: the VI I use has the "Parameters" and the "Limits" input clusters. In TS I have a container called "Locals.TestParameters.CurrentTestParameters" and I use this container to pass data to the "Parameters" cluster of the VI.

I dont have a Limits container though in TS so the input cluster of the VI is set by its elements individually, not by a container like the Parameters.

With this setup if I check the "parameters" cluster in the additional results (as you suggested) then I the report file showing the cluster, which is more readable. It does not matter if I check the Limits cluster though, because there is no TS variable behind it, so it will log the individual elements I have checked under the cluster with a dot notation.

Having this does and does not makes sense to me at the same time, but at least I know where does it come from.

thx.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,390 Views)