NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obvious cause of Logging Error when Switching to OTF Reporting?

Does anyone know of any obvious reason why I would suddenly see errors with logging TS results when switching to OTF DB logging.  I can log results to DB perfectly fine using the post process logging but when attempting to use OTF logging, I get errors almost as soon as a sequence starts executing.

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,110 Views)

Hello,

What errors are you getting when the sequence starts executing? It could be a variety of different issues, so I don't want to make assumptions quite yet on what it could be.

-Ryan M

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,066 Views)

Yea that's the problem, I don't know.  We were looking into switching our reporting to DB vs XML and were seeing if it would be a simple switch.  Unfortunately the system had to be shipped so we just kept XML and tabled the switch to DB logging for the time being so I haven't had anything to do do any significant analysis.  I was hoping, though didn't expect that there might be some well known issues with OTF DB logging.  But without the system now it's somewhat moot.

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,062 Views)