Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining the pass/fail boolean result from a Numeric Limit Test

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Requirement

From my main sequence, I'd like to call a subsequence of steps. If any of the tests in the subsequence fails, the main sequence should skip all remaining tests for this UUT.

Plan

I was planning to have the subsequence return a boolean flag back to the main sequence, which would check this flag and skip to the Cleanup step group if necessary. Most of the subsequence tests are done in a loop, so I was thinking of this approach:

bool allPassed = true;
foreach (itemsToTest) {
    allPassed = allPassed && currentTestResult;
}

return allPassed;

Issue

While this is easy to do with a Pass/Fail test, I couldn't find a way to get the boolean result of a Numeric Limit test.

Questions

1. Is there a way to get this boolean result?
  2. Is there a better way to fulfil my requirement?

Thanks!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,501 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Using Post Actions would be so much easier.  You can setup the sequence to do various things on a failure, including going to a step that you specify (ie Cleanup).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(4,491 Views)

You might also consider using the station option "Goto cleanup on sequence failure" instead.

-Doug

Message 3 of 4
(4,482 Views)

Thanks for your suggestions, crossrulz and Doug.

I had missed a key point: A sequence call is also considered a "step" which can pass/fail. That sure makes life easier! 🙂

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,465 Views)