From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining the pass/fail boolean result from a Numeric Limit Test

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Requirement

From my main sequence, I'd like to call a subsequence of steps. If any of the tests in the subsequence fails, the main sequence should skip all remaining tests for this UUT.

Plan

I was planning to have the subsequence return a boolean flag back to the main sequence, which would check this flag and skip to the Cleanup step group if necessary. Most of the subsequence tests are done in a loop, so I was thinking of this approach:

bool allPassed = true;
foreach (itemsToTest) {
    allPassed = allPassed && currentTestResult;
}

return allPassed;

Issue

While this is easy to do with a Pass/Fail test, I couldn't find a way to get the boolean result of a Numeric Limit test.

Questions

1. Is there a way to get this boolean result?
  2. Is there a better way to fulfil my requirement?

Thanks!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,545 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Using Post Actions would be so much easier.  You can setup the sequence to do various things on a failure, including going to a step that you specify (ie Cleanup).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(4,535 Views)

You might also consider using the station option "Goto cleanup on sequence failure" instead.

-Doug

Message 3 of 4
(4,526 Views)

Thanks for your suggestions, crossrulz and Doug.

I had missed a key point: A sequence call is also considered a "step" which can pass/fail. That sure makes life easier! 🙂

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,509 Views)