cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification -17205: Access Denied

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have troubles using notification across the network.

We are using TestStand 2012 on Windows 7 64bit machines.

Our sequences are working fine for the original setup of computers: one computer that creates and sets the notification, and another five computers that access the notification over the network by using the notification name \\<computername>\<topic>.

Now we have a copy setup: the computers are setup by cloning the images of the original computers. But, the access of the notification is no longer working (yes, we changed the computer name accordingly), instead we get the mentioned error message about access denied.

I guess it has something to do with the access rights of Windows, but I have no idea where to check for the correct settings or even what the correct settings are. Does anyone knows anything about the required setup for using notifications across the network? Which rights do I have to set correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,656 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stefanfries

OK, problem solved - it was all about the DCOM settings ... Smiley Indifferent

The correct settings can be found in this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Sharing-a-string-by-a-queue-from-Execution-to-execution-on/m-p/...

Actually, I had to apply the DCOM settings not only to the computer the notification is created on but also to the computers accessing the notification.

And, finallly,  as a remark, without the correct DCOM settings, the GetStatus() worked anyway, only the Wait() operation resulted in the access denied error.

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,632 Views)