NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No explicit path exists between the two channels

Solved!
Go to solution

I noticed that there is now an open Service Request on this issue. You can continue to update this thread. Otherwise we can post a summary at the end.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,139 Views)

Hello PezDeSpencer,

Yes the sales engineer assigned to my company started a service request for me concerning this issue.

Next steps were for the engineer to acquire the hardware to set up a system like I am using and start troubleshooting. I will be sure to update here when pertinent info is available, or at least a summary when this issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,134 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StevoP80

Hello All,

The issue seems to be fixed so I thought I would give the update here.

Firstly, the issue was caused by something much more simple than I thought. Embedded in my Disconnect.vi was the incorrect call to a driver. The NISE "Connect.vi" was used in place of the NISE "Disconnect.vi" on the block diagram. When the TestStand sequence was ran, instead of disconnecting the routes on the disconnect step, it was reconnecting them (or attempting to connect a second time). This was only noticed when the program would seem to hit some sort of limit (not sure where this limit comes from) on the 64th iteration of the loop, and throw the error.

I understand the cause of the issue, but don't know much about the limit that was being hit to cause the error. If anyone can shed some light on this limit that would be appreciated.

Lastly, attached is a screenshot of the culprit. The circled sub-vi should have been NISE Disconnect.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,095 Views)