From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Icons shown in Sequence Editor (Teststand 2014 SP1 + Windows 10)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have the followig problem:

After Installing Teststand 2014 SP1 on a blank Windows 10 machine, no icons are shown for the steps in the sequence editor. Besides that, the breakpoints do not appear while clicking on the left from the step. The icons, which Teststand uses are in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2014\Components\Icons directory, nothing is missing.

Has anybody experienced the same problem?

Cheers,

Roman

TeststandScreenshot.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,585 Views)

No I have not but youst wounder if you have tried runnign TestStand in compbility mode. 

See: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-older-programs-run#1TC=windows-7

under "To change compatibility settings manually". Skip the first part I would sugest.

Hope that helps. It would be intresting to know the result since I'm about to switch my self.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,553 Views)

Hello JohanHoltby,

well, tried the compatibility mode, but it doesn't seem to make much difference

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,551 Views)

Sorry to hear that you did not have any luck with compability modes. 

The most stable mode which I usaly tries first is windows XP Sp3 and run as administrator.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,549 Views)

Roman -

We at NI are not aware of any issues as you describe.

Questions:

1) Is this occuring on a single system or multiple systems?

2) What have you chosen for your regional and internationalization settings, i.e. language and anything else that is not the default English?

3) Your screen shot appears to be 64-bit TestStand, does 32-bit TestStand have the same issue?

4) Your screen shot appears to be using a custom step list view in the Sequence Editor. If you change the UI configuration back to the (default) Large Screen Example in the Sequence Editor Options dialog, does it still exhibit the same issue? Can you post a screen shot for this?

5) If you launch each of the Full User Interface Examples, does the same issue occur in all of them?

6) Is this the only drawing issue that you have seen that is different or incorrect?

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,516 Views)

Hello Scott,

thanks for your reply.

1) This is occurring on my development laptop with Windows 10 fresh installed. The only second system with Win10 that doesn't show this problem is of my colleague's, BUT he had first installed Labview and TS 2014 (no SP1) and later upgraded to SP1 and Labview 2015). My installtion was really blank: Win10 -> TestStand+Labview from Developer Suite 2015 DS2

2) My regional settings are as follows:

- Region Format: English (Europe)

- Keyboard Layout: German

- The decimal symbol is ".", digit grouping symbol is ",". (Though changing these settings back to defaults doesn't solve my problem)

3) The 32-bit TestStand behaves exactly in the same way

4) See the screenshot in the end of this post. The large screen example doesn't seem to bring any difference

5) Yes, each of the Full User Interface Examples shows the aforementioned behaviour

6) YES, EXACTLY! The test sequence can be run without any problem. I can even set the "invisible" breakpoints, and the sequence stops at them during the execution.

Best Regard,

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,509 Views)

One more important point:

the examples of Custom TestStand User Interfaces built in LabVIEW do not have this problem: all steps are properly shown with icons.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,503 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RoterStern

Hey guys, so I have finally found the solution to my Problem: changing the Region Format from English (Europe) to English (United States). Thanks to Scott for an idea!

I'm really curious, what kind of bugs are lurking out there, where Windows 10 meets NI Software 🙂

Message 8 of 11
(5,497 Views)

Me too! We will try to reproduce here. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,491 Views)

solution works also for Teststand 2010 SP1 with Windows 10 😉

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,511 Views)