NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No FrontEnd Calback Window?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using the Tesstand API in a LabView Application. In order to use a process model which allows multiple test sockets I create the test socket UI windows dynamically with a factory method (Actor Framework) . Therefore I have an execution view manager and a sequence file view manager on the FP of actor core which are connected (amongst other things)  to sequence file view  and execution view controls respectively.

The control of the TestStand functionality is done by an other actor which keeps the reference of the application manager in the private data cluster. I want to be able to switch the actual user by calling a frontend callback (LoginLogout). This works if I start the TestStand actor standalone and send a message which invokes the API method in the teststand actor.

After I have started the Testsocket UI actor, the Login method of the API returns status "no error" but does'nt show the  frontend callback window.

Other frontend callback windows like Open Sequence File Dialog aren't shown either, so I cannot test if the View Manager Controls are working at all.

I am wondering if this does not work because it is not possible to put an sequence file view manager or an execution view manager on a shared clone reentrant execution Vi.

Are there reasons which make the use of manager controls on shared clone VIs  impossible (I already have a parent actor class which creates non reentrant VIs on runtime which could be utilized for this)? Do they affect the behaviour of the application manager in another class?

I already fixed a timing issue, which made it impossible (Error 1)  to start the Testsocket UI before the Application Manager was started!

Thanks in advance!

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,205 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mthimm

Hello Guys,

Just to follow-up on this topic, the issue appeared in the NI support inbox as well, and the solution was to upgrade both LabVIEW and TestStand to the 2017 versions, which eliminated this behavior. 

BR.

Denis

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,008 Views)