NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni Vision software not using Run Time

I can't get NI Vision 20.6 to stop trying to use Developer, and to use my run-time license. This makes it useless on my production machine, and has been a frustrating few days.

When I run dll's calling VDM in TestStand 2017 x64 bit on a production machine, it acts like it has frozen, because it's trying to use Developer instead.

Steps to solve:

I assumed it had something to do with license detection - so I:

* removed the network license address

* logged out of my user account in LabVIEW

* verified SW for IMAQdx and VDM are activated in the NI License Manager

* verified software appears in NI MAX

* the obvious reboot attempts

*Tried running a simple example program that works on my developer latptop. It brings up a messagebox. Attached capture.

I have compiled the NI Vision VB .NET software from Github. All code works flawlessly on my development laptop with the developer licenses activated.

Unfortunately, it brings up a window asking me to license VDM if I run a standalone exe on the production computer. I don't know how to make it use the runtime license instead. Any ideas?

It does look like IMAQdx is working fine at runtime, because it will open up a compiled example program, and load an image file to the Image Viewer. I just can't do anything else calling VDM functions without the messagebox appearing. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(598 Views)