NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newline characters in XML test reports

Hi there!  I have a problem with newline characters not being converted to <br> in XML test reports.  There's a recent question on the board here regarding the issue, which refers to this thread.  I've downloaded the updated stylesheets referred to in these threads, but they've not fixed the problem.

The step type is a Pass/Fail test, with the text that isn't displaying correctly in the in the "Additional Results" field.  If I change the step type to String Value, the text is displayed correctly in the "Measurement" Field.  I suspect the stylesheets aren't processing the "Additional Results" field correctly, but I don't know XML well enough to investigate further.

I'm using TestStand 2013 (version 5.1.0.226), and the test module is written in CVI (version 13.0.1)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,492 Views)

A quick follow-up.

I can get the text to display correctly as follows:

(1)  Modify line 2488 of TR5_Horizontal.xsl to read:

<xsl:value-of select="$dataValue" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

(2)  In the CVI module, replace "\n" with "<br />" in the string to be displayed.

I hope this helps finding a permanent solution.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,484 Views)

Hi Tevildo, 

Thanks for the information, 

I'll see if I can file a corrective action request on this.

Kind regards,

Matt H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,461 Views)

Hi Tevildo, 

After having a look it looks like corrective action requests have been filed for this fault, and this will be rectified in a future version of TestStand. 

Thank you for reporting the issue and your workaround! 

Kind regards,

Matt H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,456 Views)

Thanks for the quick response - I'll keep an eye out for the update.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,453 Views)