From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Instruments System Driver Set - February 2016

We are using 32-Bit TestStand 2014 and 32-Bit LabVIEW 2015.

The TestStand Deployment Utility requires the "National Instruments System Driver Set - February 2016" in order to deploy a TestStand system.The NI System Driver Sets http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7908/en/ mentions that the most recent available set is April 2015. The February 2016 set is not available on that web page.

We tried using the "non-system" or "regular" driver set, but it did not work. Is there any work-around?

Thanks in advance,

FabioE

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,975 Views)

Fabio,

I searched "National Instruments System Driver Set - February 2016" without the quotes and found this.

NI Device Drivers 2016.02

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-device-drivers-february-2016/5951/en/

That White Paper was last updated in April of 2015 so it is missing some of the latest versions.

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,948 Views)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

The NI Device Drivers 2016.02 is what I called the "non-system" or "regular" driver set. We already tried with that whole set, but the deployment did not work.

This is what I am learning so far:

1. The NI "System" Driver Set - Feb 2016 has not been released yet.

2. A "System" Driver Set is a collection of NI driver software and tools with validated compatibility. In contrast, for example the NI Device Drivers 2016.02 is a collection without validated compatibility.

3. The whole "regular" set is not a viable as a replacement for the "system" set, but apparently some specific drivers are.

Fabio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,941 Views)

Fabio,

You are correct, my mistake as I did not notice that distinction. I'm working to find more information for you about this.

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,901 Views)

Fabio,

I believe what you're looking for is hosted here.

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/fis/sds/2016.02/

The white paper should be updated soon to reflect the new releases.

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,871 Views)

Alex,

Thank you for posting this System Driver Set (SDS) Feb 2016.

Could you please provide us with an MD5 and/or SHA-1 value of such 10 GB compressed file?

Currently, I am getting some error after downloading that the ZIP file is invalid.

Thanks in advance,

Fabio

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,852 Views)

Fabio,

I was not able to find an official record of an MD5 but I was able to download the ZIP file and on my computer it extracted properly so it appears not to be an error on the server side. The MD5 Sum I calculated for the file "SDS-Feb16-1.zip" is 4158413f3bb37631545e27e154abd8a0

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,849 Views)