cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Teststand 2019 - FileGlobals or StationGlobals

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm just starting out in building a test suite within Teststand. I'm using the latest python adaptor which is proving to be very useful. I have a couple of general queries:

1. In the case where I'm planning to use a lot of the same variables across different sequences, are StationGlobals the best option to use? They seem to be the only type which update in other sequences when added in one sequence.

2. What's the best way to run a suite of sequences if I'm running overnight tests? I can put all my sequences into one sequence but is there a better way to do this to allow me to run some and not all of the tests maybe?

Any replies would be much appreciated.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,012 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SLat105

1. If the variables are shared within one *.seq file, then FileGlobals is fine.  If you have lots of *.seq files on the same station, then StationGlobals would be better.

2. I think one sequence is fine.  You could add preconditions to each sequence call that will determine whether or not that sequence is executed.  If you want it predetermined at the start, you could display a dialog to the user and they can check/uncheck which sequences to run.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,968 Views)