From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Teststand 2012 will not launch after installing 2014

Hi all,

I installed 2014 on a machine that had 2012 on it. Since then, I cannot launch 2012 with out this error (see picture attached)

I am using the version selector and when I enable 2014 it launches fine.

I have the correct .NET Framework installed and have tried uninstalling 2012/2014 and reinstalling to no avail. 

IMG_3157.JPG

Has anyone seen this issue before? 

Thanks,

L

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,372 Views)

Basically NI Supports Multiple Versions (In case of LabVIEW), But not used Different Versions of TS in same machine.

Make sure whether you are calling 32bit/64bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,365 Views)

Hi Palanivel,

Both versions of  Teststand are 32bit.

I thought the version selector allows you to use either version?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,362 Views)

Yes Ofcourse it should allow the user to select available TS versions (with Selected bit).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,359 Views)

Still not working,

Any other ideas? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,357 Views)

Whether both versions of TS are displayed in Version Selector Window?

If yes can you able to Make Active?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,354 Views)

Both versions are available in the version selector, yes.

I am able to make either 2012/2014 active. When I launch 2014 (32bit) 2014 will launch successfully.

However, when I launch 2012 (32bit) the error (as per the screenshot above) displays and I cannot open 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,352 Views)