NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI TestStand 2019 offline configuration Issue

Hi NI Community,

I have an issue when I load my offline configuration file attached (RF2 Configuration.PNG) on this thread and the error I encounter every time I load the file (NI.PNG). For some laptops of my team mates they do not encounter such errors but we obtained/installed the software the same way.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(1,976 Views)

Hi Don_Crisostomo,

The error message indicates that you don't have all the drivers installed that you need. In particular, you need PXI Platform Services if you want to simulate PXI chassis. I think PXI Platform Services is typically included in other drivers (DAQ, DCPower, DMM, etc). So you might be missing some of those as well.

In general, you have to install all drivers for all hardware that you want to simulate in Offline Mode, because the simulation is implemented in the driver.

Cheers,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(1,909 Views)

Hi Peter, 

Appreciate your response, can I use the NI Package Manager to check if I properly installed the required drivers for my offline configuration file?

-Don

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(1,905 Views)

Hi Don,

Yes, you can use NI Package Manager to see all installed drivers on the "Installed" tab. You can look through the entire list or you can use the search field in the top-right corner.

You can also see the installed drivers in MAX under My System >> Software.

The lists are sorted alphabetically. Look under N because drivers tend to have an "NI" prefix in their name: "NI PXI Platform Services Configuration", "NI PXI Platform Services Runtime", "NI-DCPower", "NI-DMM", etc.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(1,902 Views)

Hi Peter,

I find some software installed using the NI MAX, does it needs to be indicated like on the attached pdf file?

Because some hardware drivers are not indicating specific hardware name (416X, 411X etc.).

-Don

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(1,898 Views)

Hi Don,

Your Offline Mode System Configuration looks fine. You correctly specify the specific model that you want, for example, NI PXIe-4145. You cannot specify a family of devices like PXI-414X in the Offline Mode System Configuration.

Should SMU_4162_C1_S04 be using an NI PXIe-4162 instead of an NI PXIe-4145?

Do you still get errors when you try to enable Offline Mode?

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(1,890 Views)

Hi Peter,

Yes, I still have errors, I will try to trim down the offlineconfiguration file with respect on the available drivers. I forgot to download the PXI Service Platform that you've initially suggested I will update our thread once I've done your recommendations.

Thanks for an immediate responses!

-Don 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(1,887 Views)

Hi Everyone,

I checked my package manager and I have all the drivers needed including the PXI Platform Services. I re-run my offline configuration just to obtain a sanity check unfortunately error still occurs.

I also tried to trim it down and still have it.....

Regards,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,865 Views)

Hi Don,

Are you still getting the same errors for PXI chassis 1 and 2, or are you getting different errors?

Can you check that you have these files installed on your machine?

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\OfflineMode\nisimdev.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\OfflineMode\nisimdev.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\OfflineMode\NationalInstruments.Semiconductor.OfflineModeAPI.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\OfflineMode\NationalInstruments.Semiconductor.OfflineModeAPITool.exe

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(1,862 Views)

Hi Peter,

Appreciate your suggestions, yes I still have the same errors and have files for each location.

I asked the local NI support about this but it has been 3 weeks since this error occurred I did not get any response from them. That is why I am relying this here at NI Community.

Thanks Peter!

-Don

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(1,860 Views)