From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI TestStand 2016 | Execution Options | Selected Value

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone, 

Whenever the user clicks on "Execute" in TestStand menu we can see the following options [ Test UUT, Single Pass, Run Selected Sequence, etc., ]. Suppose If I have a Subsequence named as "Sequence 1" in a sequence as shown in the below image. 

Untitled.png

If the user has Selected "Run Sequence1" option from Execution menu, How can I programmatically know that in the sequence? I mean is there any variable which stores the option selected by the user. I would like to do some manipulations in the sequence steps depending on the option selected. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,406 Views)

Yes we can invoke the information using Run State during Run time, but you cant run sub sequences just like that as it demands information from main Sequences.

You have to make sure Main Sequence is getting Executed which in turn will call other sequences.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,403 Views)

Can you explain the point 1 in detailed? I tried checking the run state options by invoking the "runstate.execution" reference but the result gives information about the sequence run state, Which is not my requirement. 

Capture.JPG

The sequence I am speaking about will not have any dependencies from Main Sequence. The user can run Sequence1  directly. It will do a specific task depending on the selected execution option. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,399 Views)

The very Simple solution will be call this syntax in a statement "ThisContext.RunState.SequenceFile.Path" Assign this to some variable, Strip the File name from Full path

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,396 Views)

I have already tried it. That doesn't suit my requirement. I guess you misunderstood the question. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,393 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MCKR_1009

Hi Reddy_Garu,

If you want to know where the execution first started, the following will give you the name of the execution entry point:

RunState.Root.Sequence.Name

The will display the name of the first sequence that the execution called as a string.

I hope this helps.

-Jack

Message 6 of 6
(2,375 Views)