NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI TESTSTAND NEW USER CREATION

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm currently now working on customization of Teststand Simple UI, which I need to add a feature of User creation and Deletion. I'm not much of a Labview Guy. I found two methods for user creation which I'm mentioning below and lol I'm facing 2 situations for each of the procedure.

1. Here i called the Test Engine. Then tried the method "DisplayNewUserDialog". The pop-up for user creation is working perfectly. But the data which entered is not available in users.ini. Anyone know how to complete the flow please Help

1.JPG

2. The second method i figured from a topic from the community posted in 2008 by accessing the tools menu and call the create user sequence present in the examples. Here the function is working but only after exiting the while loop. I'm using a seperate UI for users with different privileges. So if i exit the dialogue box. I need a re login to get back to the UI. If there is any missing logic Please Mention

3.JPG

 Can anyone help which approach is right and please mention if there is any considerate changes I need to make..

A big Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,194 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AswinPRaj

I believe the DisplayNewUserDialog only creates a User object. You then need to add that UserObject to the Users File -> UserList and save off the UsersFile if changes were made. The code below should do that.

ShockHouse_0-1595533806115.png

Message 2 of 3
(1,160 Views)

Thanks alot Shock Bro. You Just saved my Day.😊

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,148 Views)