NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Scope Soft Front Panel Load Configuration (.h5 file) VI

Hello,

I want to use the NI-Scope Soft Front Panel to Set up my NI PXIe Scope/Digitizer (5160), then save the configuration to a file (looks like the file is saved in ".h5" format). Then I want to load that configuration in a TestStand Sequence. The Soft Front Panel has a "Load Configuration" (see attached image

s) option that lets a user point to that .h5 file to load the configuration to the instrument. Does anyone know where the VI for this is so I can call it in my teststand sequence? If not, is there a solution to load a .h5 file to an instrument in TestStand?

NIScopeFileMenu.png -->  SelectConfigurationWindow.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,793 Views)

Is there a specific reason you need to do it this way or could you not just create a LabVIEW module with your desired configuration?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,763 Views)

The configuration is not known. A user will need to load in the config file at run-time. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,701 Views)

Hi Brandon, it looks like the shipping VIs for the soft front panels are only executable, non-editable versions. If you would like to create your own VI to parse through an .h5 file, there are plenty of examples available online for this. I am linking one I found on google below.

http://h5labview.sourceforge.net/?examples

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,675 Views)