NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI SCXI-1104C

Hello, I am wondering when it isn't a good idea to use the NI SCXI-1104C to make standard low voltage DC measurements.  I see the specification states this card is specified as having 'differential' inputs and am wondering if that may present problems for making DC measurements below 5V or even at say 1V.  Perhaps this card isn't suited when compared to another NI solution in making single ended voltage measurements?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,793 Views)

robbjp,

Since your question deals only with SCXI, you will probably get a much better response if you post to the Signal Conditioning Board.  This Board is for questions related to NI TestStand software.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,784 Views)
Hi robbjp,

Josh is absolutely correct in that you will get a much faster response if you post in the appropriate forum.  To address your question, I would strongly recommend a different module if you are planning to make low voltage DC measurements.  Take a look at the specifications for this module.  Navigate to the Common Questions portion (Appendix B-1).  You will notice that the SCXI-1104C has a fixed gain of 0.1, because the module is meant for higher voltage than the DAQ card can read (up to 60 V).  I would recommend going with the SCXI-1102B, which has programmable gain settings (up to 100). 
Message Edited by RT4CY on 09-24-2008 04:35 PM
Rod T.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,773 Views)