NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DCPower error message about IVI Configuration Server C API

When I try to use NI-DCPower to control a PXIe-4139 SMU in my PXIe chassis, I get an error message on the Soft Front Test Panel that says:

"ModularInstruments.NIDCPower: Error description not found

IVI Configuration Server C CPI: The 32-bit and 64-bit registry key values for the master configuration store are not the same."

I am a HW engineer, not SW, so does anybody have a clue how to fix this?

-David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,357 Views)

Try reseting NI-MAX configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,146 Views)

I ended up removing all NI software, then I re-installed NI-MAX and NI-VISA, then the DC-Power stuff...and it seems to have healed itself.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,132 Views)

I recently stumbled across this thread while trying to debug the same issue and I was able to find a resolution in the IVI Configuration Server Configuration, section 3.2:

"The Master Location property in the IviConfigStore class returns the full pathname of the master configuration store.  It determines the name by reading the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/IVI/CONFIGURATIONSERVER, MasterStore, and, on Windows Vista 64, the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/IVI/CONFIGURATIONSERVER, MasterStore. Both values must match or an error is returned.  For the precise semantics, refer to Section 7.3.3, Master Location."

By ensuring both of these keys existed and matched (the default registry key value on my working system was C:\ProgramData\IVI Foundation\IVI\IviConfigurationStore.xml) the error was resolved and Instrument Studio resumed normal operation.

Regards,
Message 4 of 4
(1,829 Views)