cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9211 Sampling rate

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using NI 9211 together with cdaq NI 9717. I wonder what is the meaning of 14S/s "aggregate". As stated in the datasheet that the sampling rate for NI 9211 is 14S/s which also means the conversion time is 70ms per channel, but when I tested in the NI MAX by input "14Hz" in the timing setting , it shown with an error message: Error -200332 occurred at DAQ Assistant.

Possible Reason(s):

Specified sample rate is higher than the fastest rate supported by the device.

Property: SampClk.Rate
Requested Value: 14.0
Corresponding Value: 14.000002

Maximum Value: 7.142857

which make me curious about the maximum value on the sampling rate, shouldn`t it able to run 14S/s, instead of 7.142857S/s

Could anyone please explain the function of "aggregate" or suggest the corrective action. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,062 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GracelynnMa

Hi,

Generally if its S/s/ch then its the sample rate for each channel.

If its S/s then its for all channels combined .I

if you use all the four channels then your sampling rate is reduced by 4. ( probably MUX used in back ground for switching between channels).However if you are only testing two channels then it should be reduced by 2.

Message 2 of 3
(1,022 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GracelynnMa

Hope this article helps - https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kIz9SAE

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 3 of 3
(1,011 Views)