NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple references to the same instrument error

Hi All,

Having trouble completing a tutorial on Testand. (Developing Test Programs Using TestStand, Exercise 8:2) 

When running the sequence an error appears claiming I am running two instances of the same instrument.

The exercise is supposed to use two separate DMM while the other instruments share while testing multiple UUT.

Seems like I have a problem with my DMM.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,383 Views)

what labview version are you using?

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,349 Views)

Its TestStand 2016 (64 bit) and Labview 2017 (64 bit)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,345 Views)

Ok, It worked for me with TS 2014 (32 bit) and LV 2015 SP1 (32 bit).

I guess you did the setup.bat in Driver Simulation API  with out any problems.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,337 Views)

I did originally have issues with getting anything to work. I found out I had to change the adaptor settings to use the development server and not the RT server to fix the issue. This is the last exercise in the tutorial and until now everything has ran ok.

My gut is telling me this is a settings issue but I cant understand what it could be. The DMM initialise .vi is called twice, if it is already open then I can understand the error. It must first be closed before another instance can open the .vi.

Teststand is supposed to fix this by using two different references DMM0 and DMM1 to avoid this issue but for some reason when I run the sequence it gives me an error.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,330 Views)

The instructions say to enter Golden for both uut serials. are you going this

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,325 Views)

Yeah I have tried "Golden" as the serial number plus others. Still complains of the error.

😞

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,303 Views)

I have exactly the same problem, any other recommendation? 

TS 2017 32B & LV 2017f2 32B.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,945 Views)

I think the issue has come from the values that you add in the module tab. I had the same problem.

For example, in the tutorials, there was said .- Replenish the "PowerSupply" value for the "Power Supply in" parameter. If you try to write "Power Supply" instead of "PowerSupply'' the error will come probably. 

Please double check all values that you add in module tabs.

Kind Regards,

Samvel

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,413 Views)

I got it! I've been struggling with the same thing for a few hours. 

The Initialize DMM is working fine. Its the Shut Down DMM that is not functioning properly for me. The "Synchronization" in the Shut Down DMM needs to be set to "Serial (one thread at a time)" or it will only close the first instance and future runs will fail.

EDIT:

PS: You may need to open the Shut Down DMM VI and use it on DMM0 and DMM1 before this fix will take effect.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,604 Views)