cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module.LoadPrototype crash LabVIEW development environment

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I am trying to create a LabVIEW program that essentially does the same job as the "Update VI Calls..." tool in the sequence editor. I want to force a reload of all prototypes for LabVIEW step modules, and so I have made a VI for just that. My problem is that calling the Step.Module.LoadPrototype method causes the LabVIEW development system to crash. Not immediately when the method is called, but at the end of the VI where I do a close of the reference to TS.IEngine. And the crash is not one of the "normal" once where you get a chance to send a report to NI. All LabVIEW windows just closes.

However it does leave an entry in the Windows Application log stating the following:

Faulting application name: LabVIEW.exe, version: 19.0.1.4005, time stamp: 0x5ec6b4ea
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x82dc99a2
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0009eddb
Faulting process id: 0x8c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7433e8cb26fca
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2019\LabVIEW.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 8ccdbdf6-0442-4c65-a7b7-5cb95dfe2d75
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

If I place a Diagram Disable structure around the the LoadPrototype invoke node an just let the rest of the code execute, it all runs without any error.

I have attached my code (Reload Step Module Prototype.zip) in the hope that some one (hopefully from NI) will try it out and can help me with a solution. I have also attached a sequence file with a VI that is used in an action step for testing.

The code is made in LabVIEW 2019 SP1 and TestStand 2019.

Thanks.

Best regards
Jens Christian Andersen.
CLA, CTA, CPI
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(800 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author J.C._Andersen

Hi again.

I am going to put this issue to rest for now. I had a college try this on his computer running the same versions of LabVIEW and TestStand, and he did not have the problem. Then I also tested it on a VM running LabVIEW 2020 SP1 and TestStand 2020. That also works fine.

So for now it looks like it is a problem on the VM ia have with LabVIEW 2019 SP1 and TestStand 2019. Unfortunately I have not been able to figure out what the problem is on my VM.

Best regards
Jens Christian Andersen.
CLA, CTA, CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(747 Views)