From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying "UUT Information" screen when performing "Test UUT's" in the parallel model

Hi Jack,

I am trying to do the same thing. I have a labview code which uses TestStand Exec and on the labview code, I have a barcode scanner which incorperate my Serial Number. What I want to do is to disable the TestStand Dialog and pass this Serial Number to my TestStand Test Report. Could you be kind enough to explain how you got yours to work? I can model mine off of yours.

Thanks,

Stan.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(1,604 Views)

I'm om the same.

I'm reading the Serial Number using a Cemera and a 2D code on Units, and I would like to put the serial number in the corresponding box of "UUT Information".

At this time I'm puting the serial number on Report using "RunState.Caller.Locals.UUT.SerialNumber".

I need to keep the "UUT information" screen on front.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,568 Views)

Hi Louis,

I was able to get mine to work. I will send you a description and vi on what I did tomorrow when I get to work.

Stan.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(1,559 Views)

Thank you Angel,

I'll be waiting.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(1,547 Views)

Luis,

Here is an explanation on how I did it.

1. I created a labview vi called "GetBarcode" - This vi basically creates a txt file on your C:\ drive to store the scanned barcode

2. On my "ModelOptions" sequence, I changed my Parameters.ModelOptions.ParallelModel_ShowUUTDlg to fails e.g "Parameters.ModelOptions.ParallelModel_ShowUUTDlg = False"  This sequence is included in my sequence file that I saved.

3. I edited the "PreUUT" sequence and included the "GetBarcode vi" I created from step 1. I edited the steps in the sequence as shown in the sequence file that I have attached.

4. I created a StationGlobals Container called "Barcode String". Inside that container, I created a string variable called "Barcode" which stores your barcode that populates into your UUT sequence.

With this, I was able to automatically parse the barcode string  into the pop. This barcode is also included in your test report.

I have attached the barcode vi as well as the sequence that you need to include you original saved sequence. 

Let me know if you have any question.

Kindest regards,

Angel

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(1,543 Views)

Thank Angel,

I don't whant to modify the "UUT Information Screen", 

1.- when I click "Next UUT" (no seril number at this point), My program read the serial number using a 2D code camera,

2.- I need to put that serial number into "UUT Information" Box, 

Please see below...

------------------

Hi guys!

I'm reading the Serial Number using a Cemera and a 2D code on Units, and I would like to put the serial number in the corresponding box of "UUT Information".

At this time I'm puting the serial number on Report using "RunState.Caller.Locals.UUT.SerialNumber".

I need to keep the "UUT information" screen on front.

Thank you

Modify UUT.jpg

-----------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(1,538 Views)

Luis,

Did you try the sample I sent to you?

Angel

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(1,534 Views)

Yes I did,

1.- its just for one threat. I need it for 3

2.- always is asking for serial number

3.- I don't whant to change the "UUT Information", because the Operators are using the same format/Screen in other testers, so I don't whant to change the standard

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(1,522 Views)

Angel, 

At this time, I can Pass the serial number than I'm reading from the 2D code to Report. But I just need to put that number into UUT information BOX.

To put the serial number to report, just put "RunState.Caller.Locals.UUT.SerialNumber" on VI serial number out

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(1,508 Views)

Luis,

The example that I sent to you should work fine. You have have to do much.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(1,494 Views)