cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 100 Mbps option in GPIB Ethernet Wizard

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

As the title says, the option to add an older GPIB 100Mbps box is missing in the wizard. It disappeared after I've updated the NI MAX. I updated other computers and they behaved in a similar way.

Info1.png

Info5.png

There are no other updates available:

Info3.png

Info4.png

The 100Mbps box is found on the network using the old EthernetConfig.

Info2.png

Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,179 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TobyZ

Hello TobyZ,

Check the hardware supported by the driver NI-488.2 18.5. This information can be found in the driver readme : NI-488.2 for Windows 18.5 Readme

According to this other page, the last version of NI-488.2 that support ENET/100 is 17.6 : NI-488.2 Supported Versions for GPIB Devices and Modules. So if you want to use this hardware, rollback to NI-488.2 17.6.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
(2,160 Views)

Thank you for replying.

I guess I'll have to go back to an older version and disable any future update.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,141 Views)

Yes, the last version of NI-488.2 supporting the GPIB-ENET/100 is 17.6 (see readme). You can dowload it from this page if needed.

Note there is a small line saying "This hardware is end-of-life and not recommended for new designs." I'm not meaning that you have to buy an other piece of hardware, but this kind of annotation is good to monitor, in particular for driver support drop.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,137 Views)

We already have 3 new 1Gbps boxes, but I just wanted to resurrect an old 100 Mbps box for a simple task as sometimes all 3 1Gbps boxes are used for more important measurements.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,126 Views)