NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory leaks and reporting

I am using TS 2010 SP1 (4.5.1.134)

I have a routine in which I call a WHILE loop roughly 5000 times (this is a durability tester).

I have turned off the TS report, both in the Configure Report menu AND by overloading the Report sequence and disabling it there.

However, this sequence developed a memory leak on multiple systems.

I have apparently fixed it by unchecking "Record Result" FROM EVERY SINGLE STEP in every sequence.

Seriously, do I need to do this?  Would OTF reporting fix this, even if it's disabled?

HELP!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,823 Views)

You should read this.

hope this helps,

Norbert

EDIT: Your situation is "working as intended". You can, nevertheless, disable result recording for whole sequences/stations. See more in the provided link above.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,818 Views)

There is a global setting in station options to disable result recording globally. If you aren't using results, this is probably the easiest solution. You can also disable results at the sequence level in the sequence properties dialog.

Results are recorded even if reports are disabled because other things besides reporting could be using and relying on results collection.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,809 Views)

Hmmm.  Just thought of something.

If I turn off "record Result" for any specific step, but then try to access "PreviousStep.Result" from the next step, will the actual result be recorded?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,802 Views)

I don't really get what you mean with "[...]will the actual result be recorded?".

Accessing RunState.PreviousStep.Result is possible, since disabling result collection 'solely' prevents the transfer of the steps result into the ResultList.

Since the steps result is not in the ResultList, the step will never be part of a report.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,785 Views)